An international group of researchers has taken one of the first major steps in finding the biological changes in the brain that drive fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. New work using chaos theory to analyze brain signals, discussed in the journal Chaos, shows the long-term effects. Researchers found that teenagers who were exposed to alcohol while in the womb showed altered brain connections that were consistent with impaired cognitive performance.
Most Shared Posts
- Return to Article List Immune System Linked to Alcohol Drinking Behavior Article ID: 681187 Released
- Hyperalgesia refers to an increased sensitivity to pain. It can occur during alcohol withdrawal, and
- Prescription drug hikes: Congress puts big pharma executives on the hot seat Tulsa World
- Researchers at Washington State University have shown that offering prizes — from simple shamp
- Scientists at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center are one step closer to understanding what causes co
- Return to Article List Next Article > Intestinal Fungi Worsen Alcoholic Liver Disease Reducing in